Summary of Role
The Accounting Assistant supports the Accounting department by performing clerical tasks, such as data entry, processing and recording transactions, generating reports, fielding communications with clients, assisting with audits and fact-checking, filing, and other duties as needed. The Accounting Assistant role requires a basic understanding of accounting principles, as well as a proficiency with computers and software, such as Microsoft Excel and Quickbooks.
- Perform basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, and processing mail.
- Communicate with clients via phone and email as needed.
- Issue invoices to customers and process payments.
- Enter financial transactions into internal databases.
- Reconcile invoices and identify discrepancies.
- Prepare financial reports.
- Process reimbursement forms.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits.
- Assist in the upkeep of documentation specific to the role as processes and technologies change.