Summary of Role
The Front-End Developer’s primary responsibility will be in building intuitive and beautiful interfaces for Jonah's website offerings and web applications. They will be leaned on as creative thinkers and usability experts who can take the vision of the design team and craft highly functional, user-friendly experiences for Jonah’s clientele. They will contribute to the goals of the design and development departments, as well as the company goals as a whole, to ensure Jonah meets and exceeds client expectations through consistent and timely delivery of quality websites and products.
- Assist the department in setting and maintaining development standards and best practices
- Thorough and detail-oriented execution of user-friendly interfaces
- Coordinating with Project Managers to ensure deadlines are met and projects stay within budget
- Collaborating with Creative Directors, designers, and clients to craft the user experiences that meet the client’s needs
- Building and implementing thorough QA test cases to ensure excellence in product delivery
- Contributing and implementing creative and functional solutions that continually improve Jonah's product and service offerings
- Able to self-manage and take ownership of projects from beginning to end
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Proficient in responsive development across a variety of mediums.
- Proficient in PHP and comfortable programming for Content Management Systems.
- Experience using Git.
- Comfortable working with front-end package managers and tooling systems like Gulp.
- Intermediate knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch